Black Bean Brownies (grain free, dairy free)
These delicious black bean brownies are moist and a great snack or after dinner treat. Made with black beans, they are naturally high in soluble fiber which helps lower blood cholesterol. Fiber helps increase satiation making you feel fuller longer and stabilizing your blood glucose eliminating sugar highs and lows throughout the day.
Makes 16 squares
- 1- 398ml (14oz.) can no-salt black beans, drained and rinsed (Eden Organic cans are BPA-free)
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup xylitol (safe for diabetics) or coconut sugar (sweeter alternative)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8″ inch baking pan.
- Place the black beans, eggs, coconut oil, chia seeds, raw cacao powder, vanilla, xylitol/coconut sugar into a large food processor or high power blender. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and almonds. Transfer mixture to your greased pan and sprinkle raw cacao nibs on top.
- Bake the brownies for 35-40 minutes. Cool before cutting into squares.
This recipe is originally from Joy McCarthy from Joyous Health can be found here. She is a Holistic Nutritionist, author of Joyous Health: Eat & Live Well without Dieting, professional speaker, nutrition expert on Global’s Morning Show, Faculty Member at Institute of Holistic Nutrition and co-creator of Eat Well Feel Well. A hard working woman and someone I greatly admire.