Chickpea Crunchers (vegan, gluten free, dairy free)
Don’t these look so yummy? These resemble corn nuts but way better without all the processed oils and salt stripped of its nutrients. It is a simple recipe, high in fibre and a healthy alternative to corn nuts (which I used to eat all the time before I read the ingredient labels).
- 1- 400ml can Eden Organic Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. nutrient rich salt (I used Herbamare)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat toaster oven to 400F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat down with a towel so they are dry.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl and add avocado oil, salt, garlic powder and chili powder. Mix until evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the chickpeas, put back in the oven for another 30 minutes until crunchy. Check on them in the last 30 minutes so the outer ones do not burn