Don’t these look so delicious? These resemble corn nuts but much healthier without the added processed oils, salt and preservatives. These are budget friendly: instead of buying canned chickpeas, you can soak the dried chickpeas over night and boil them until they are soft. Follow directions in recipe to create the chickpea crunchers.
A simple recipe, high in fibre and a healthy alternative to corn nuts. Store extra chickpeas in a freezer safe container until further use. If using canned chickpeas, source non- BPA lined cans. How do you know its BPA free? The can will be labelled BPA-Free. Here are a few popular brands that are BPA-free:
- 1- 400ml can Eden Organic Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. nutrient rich salt (I used Herbamare)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat down with a towel so they are dry.
- Pour chickpeas in a bowl and add avocado oil, salt, garlic powder and chili powder. Mix until evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the chickpeas, put back in the oven for another 30 minutes until crunchy. Check them during the last 30 minutes to prevent outer ones from burning.