Salmon Burgers (gluten free, dairy free)
Salmon is a source of good cholesterol (omega-3 fatty acids) which also plays a vital role in keeping you healthy. Omega 3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation in the body and is essential to brain health. Salmon is also rich in essential minerals like iron, calcium, selenium and phosphorus, as well as vitamins like A, B and D. Selenium, which is necessary for metabolism of tissues, hair, and nails, is best obtained from animal proteins.
3- 4 oz. wild pacific salmon fillets, cooked (approximately 2 cups, shredded)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 free range egg
1 scallion, chopped
1 tbsp. parsley, minced
1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Cook salmon and pulse in a food processor until shredded. Empty into a bowl.
2. Chop scallion and parsley, add to bowl.
3. Add gluten free bread crumbs, egg and salt and pepper.
4. Mix until blended together and form patties.
5. Heat a skillet, and add 1 tbsp. avocado,coconut oil or grass fed butter.
6. Cook on each side until golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!